Poppers Poppers Guide Poppers Forum Poppers Reviews

Feeling Ripped Off

Posted on Poppers Guide's Forum

Topic created by wtfchuck
on Thu, 4 Jul 2019 at 13:58

wtfchuck said on Thu, 4 Jul 2019 at 13:58...

I ordered from the following website on June 17th and have yet to receive my shipment. Worse yet, I emailed their listed "contact" email address twice in the past 5 days to ask about my order and where my shipment might be? They never responded.

Here is the website: http://www.amsterdam-special.com/en/

Has anyone else ordered from these a holes???

Mam said on Fri, 5 Jul 2019 at 16:18...

I think this website has been around for many years. I doubt that you have been "ripped off" Where are you based? Canada? If so, then there is another reason.

Perhaps they are on vacation, and not up to date with correspondence, but I am sure they are not interested in ripping you off, Chuck.

Cosmo Smallpiece said on Fri, 5 Jul 2019 at 16:53...

It does look out of date.
Also, they seem to be selling a lot of UK Iso Propyl poppers - like 'Liquid Gold' for double the price,
Dodgy !

wtfchuck said on Sat, 6 Jul 2019 at 19:41...

I am in the States, California and have ordered from other European outfits and never had to wait longer than 2 weeks for shipments to arrive. I wouldn't have my doubts even after almost 3 weeks, provided they would at least respond to my emails. To not have any response really makes me feel ripped off at this point.

I ordered the 'Highrise' Ultra (Red Bottle), which I had been trying to track down for some time. I had tried the 'Highrise' (Blue Bottle) from another vendor and was surprised by the quality. I will hold out for another week here, but if it doesn't arrive after almost an entire month, then I will feel ripped off. If U.S. Customs seized the package? At least a response from this vendor would alleviate that possibility. The lack of a response really sucks and makes me think otherwise!

Marcel & Pepe said on Mon, 8 Jul 2019 at 07:28...

Danny is the guy from amsterdam-poppers.com so maybe contact him via that website. Maybe his website email is down. Dunno....oh did you check your spam file? Bit of a mystery really, but I think there is another explanation, rather than the default assumption of dubious doings.

We ordered from there once without any drama. @ Cosmo: they do have propyl but we received pentyl which was fine. We can buy propyl in Soho, so we look for the euro brands. Cripes what happens with Brexit (sudden thought)!

wtfchuck said on Mon, 8 Jul 2019 at 16:32...

Marcel & Pepe,

Yes, I sent those (2) previously mentioned email inquiries to Danny via the currently listed email address on their website 'contact' page. The only possibility I can think of, outside of being 'ripped off', is they do NOT ship this particular product to the USA? If so, at least respond and refund my purchase as my card was already charged and they billed me for the entire purchase, including shipping costs. It has now been 3 weeks, which is absolutely far too long.

Marcel & Pepe said on Tue, 9 Jul 2019 at 09:15...

To be clear i was suggesting that you go to the amsterdam-poppers.com page and ask via whatever contact details they have there. Stuff happens - especially in the world of computers.

Pepe used to sell hand made leather bracelets on a website, and we had all sorts of high drama with that! Some goofball deleted our mail address and when we finally resolved it ... we found pages of nasty emails that we had not seen for like 10 days! Could be something like that.

wtfchuck said on Tue, 9 Jul 2019 at 14:30...

Marcel,

To be clear(er), as I said in my previous post... I did go to the contact on the amsterdam-poppers.com page.

POSTSCRIPT: Yesterday, a full 3 weeks after the purchase and no reply to (2) emails sent to amsterdam-poppers, I finally received the shipment. It came from the Czech Republic, not France, or Amsterdam, so that might have been a factor? However, as usual with most OTC products, the 'Highrise" Ultra (Red Bottle) did not pack a punch. Between the Highrise (Blue Bottle) and the Highrise (Red Bottle), I would recommend the Blue! Actually, the Highrise Blue (aka 'City') is manufactured by Lockerroom out of Canada. Wheras, Highrise Ultra (Red) is manufactured by "Push" out of Europe.

OK, lesson learned and Buyer Beware from a Customer Service standpoint. Back to making my own home brews as the OTC is dicey at best, too costly, not very potent and it takes an eternity to finally arrive... for crap products!

Marcel & Pepe said on Thu, 11 Jul 2019 at 18:10...

Are they different formulas then? Prob the Canada Lockerroom is pentyl and the Push Production is propyl. I see that the website lists the formulas. Confusing with same product and 2 ingredients for sure.

wtfchuck said on Fri, 12 Jul 2019 at 16:05...

Yes Marcel, the Highrise (Blue aka 'City') is made by Lockerroom of Canada and is Pentyl. The Highrise (Red) is from Push Poppers out of Europe and is probably Propyl. The Highrise (Blue) is much superior IMO.

Mind you, Propyl that is manufactured and bottled with other waste product during manufacture to maximize final yield. What many do not understand is these modern manufacturers 'cut' their product much the same way a Colombian cartel might cut their powder with waste product to maximize yield, and resulting profits!

Want to post a follow-up?
  Go ahead:

Your name or nickname:

Your message:

Unless otherwise noted, all contents of this website are
Copyright © 2011-2017 Jack Tinoco. That said, you can use my
images and article excerpts subject to these conditions.