Poppers Poppers Guide Poppers Forum Poppers Reviews

Going to NY clubs or saunas

Posted on Poppers Guide's Forum

Topic created by SlutBoy
on Mon, 24 Jun 2019 at 19:39

SlutBoy said on Mon, 24 Jun 2019 at 19:39...

Going to NY on July..where can i find poppers to buy? And are there sex clubs or saunas there?

RawDaddy said on Fri, 28 Jun 2019 at 16:47...

You are talking about bathhouses I guess??

So they got mostly closed down in the 1980s. I guess there are like TWO left and one is East Side Club on 227 E 56th St. Those days are over as it is all GRINDR now. Could be i am just out of touch back-woods guy now, so some native New Yorker might know more up to date.

Leather cleaner / solvents The Blue Store, 206 8th Ave

Good luck and play safe, dude.

niles said on Wed, 24 Jul 2019 at 04:54...

New York bathhouses were notorious in the day. I think the clampdown came after the Reagan-era hysteria over AIDS. sure you are right about the action being online now, still don't think an app can replace the atmosphere of those days! l have been to a few saunas in Europe and it is just not the same. Lot of fat old queens and muscle bunnies preening themselves. Bring back the good old days! I was in New York in the 90s and there was one that I remember as amazing, but darn if i can recall the name. I was thinking about other stuff and forgot my kodak :-) They used to sell poppers at the door (under the counter i think) but one had a glass case lined with popper bottles, lube, and condoms. I believe in yesterday.

frequent flyer said on Thu, 1 Aug 2019 at 08:40...

Cruising died with Grindr. There used to be a great guide called Spartacus published in Berlin which listed all the bars / saunas and facilities worldwide. One thing that used to make me laugh was AYOR or at your own risk... the kind of dive bars where you could get in trouble. Having said that I ended up with a black eye once in Marseilles...so they were right! But these apps can be more dangerous, as you never really know who the guy is. In a bar you can use your common sense, right?

Agh and one other thing the crazy names back then...there was a sauna in Switzerland called Mr Mustache. Never went, but I always wondered if it was full of Swiss guys sporting hipster style waxed taches. I think gay life is not so great nowadays, despite the more liberal attitudes.

Midair Collision said on Mon, 30 Mar 2020 at 10:10...

Hi FF, laughing about the black eye. Back in the day (before all the stupid regulations about smoking, and the occasional eye-opener prior to take-off) I was flying with L’Aereo č Precipitato. I well remember a night in Marseilles in 1976; myself and two male cabin attendants lost our uniforms somehow! We all turned up next morning stinking of garlic (hides the smell of Arak) wearing caftans. What larks! I expect Marseilles has been gentrified now, I recall certain bars there used to have poppers in a locked cabinet. They also had nice little areas where you could relax out of sight with new friends.

Want to post a follow-up?
  Go ahead:

Your name or nickname:

Your message:

Unless otherwise noted, all contents of this website are
Copyright © 2011-2017 Jack Tinoco. That said, you can use my
images and article excerpts subject to these conditions.