Poppers Poppers Guide Poppers Forum Poppers Reviews

Vision recovery

Posted on Poppers Guide's Forum

Topic created by Alex
on Fri, 29 Mar 2019 at 13:27

Alex said on Fri, 29 Mar 2019 at 13:27...

Hi guys. I was wondering for those who had vision problem after using isopropyl poppers, did anyone of you fully recovered from it? How long did it take? I was very unlucky to have tried isopropyl and soon after my vision was all messed up. It started with a purple clouds, then after a day or so that was gone but everything's was like glowing or out of focus :-( reading on screen was very hard for 2 or 3 days. Now just over two weeks my sight is much better and the glowing effect is almost gone but still there and somehow it still hard to focus on small things:-( i am very worried and stressed. I guess I am looking for some sort of confort or reassurance... :-(

Anonymous said on Fri, 29 Mar 2019 at 16:40...

XD for how long did you have the problem?

Jako said on Fri, 29 Mar 2019 at 18:20...

A lot of valuable info here on 'Poppers Maculopathy'

https://poppersguide.com/forum/10213

Alex said on Fri, 29 Mar 2019 at 19:33...

Thanks Jako I have read all of that before. But I would like to know from all the people who had problems with their eyes how long did it take to heal and if it was a complete recovery :/

jnr v said on Sat, 27 Apr 2019 at 15:04...

took me about a year from being diagnosed with popper maculopathy to full vision returning and confirmation by the hospital.

i was a heavy popper user until this happened.

Alex said on Thu, 2 May 2019 at 16:18...

Almost fully recovered in a month and a half. The flashing bulb in my eye sight is hardly visible and I can see clearly to the point that I forget that I am not fully recovered yet...I'd say 95% there. So I am very happy, I think two more weeks and I should be back 100% :-) hope it will give hope and confort to those who are still recovering.

Rock said on Sun, 9 Jun 2019 at 00:44...

I had the fuzzy sight from isopropyl for 2 weeks, a year ago and walking down the street faces were just blurred. It took 3 weeks to be back to feel normal. Fine now, just avoid isopropyl now and use butyl and pentyl or amyl now and no problems, apart from week buzz

"Pops" said on Wed, 27 Nov 2019 at 11:57...

I found out that the more and more you use it, the more ineffective. In my
case it has caused constant diarrhea.

Scared popper idiot said on Tue, 3 Dec 2019 at 17:07...

Hey guys - have been a very occasional user of poppers, once in a few months. Used a new brand - Berlin xxxx this Saturday night - and woke up the next morning with vision problems. I finished 1/5th of the bottle - so didnít do too much. The next day I realized that I could not read beyond a certain distance, everything is a blur and faces are not clear in the sun light or otherwise. Vision far away is really poor at this point. And I am freaking out. I have scanned these blogs from top to bottom but canít seem to draw any conclusion. I have started taking vitamins (presavision 3) from Bausch & Lomb and some berry pills. But donít seem to notice any improvement three days later. Any ideas on how to speed up the process? Iím terrified this may be permanent and scared to own up to it in public. No one knows that I use poppers, so it freaks me out even more . Any other tips on accelerating recovery? Please help - going crazy here. Obviously I will not touch them again, not even addicted actually and just used them for leisure/pleasure. If anyone has any advice on how to ride out this storm and ways to make a full recovery, I will be indebted to you forever!

John said on Fri, 6 Mar 2020 at 00:57...

Alex, Iím on day 3 with messed up eyes. It was my first time trying poppers. I had perfect vision before this and Iím pretty concerned. Iím curious how your eyes are doing now. Thanks

Spain said on Wed, 5 Aug 2020 at 14:31...

Hi guys!
I had the same problem. Glow and blurred vision. It is not week 8th.
I notice the blurred vision during the hours of darkness when I try to read my phone. Do you notice it more during hours of darkness?
Iím so scared . Hope anyone can help me out. I notice the blurred vision on my phone when there is no light.

JoshVR said on Tue, 18 Aug 2020 at 02:39...

This is the reality of doing this drug - I am in the process of doing my own blog for health concerns regarding this - as this forum is very unhelpful I'm 3 months on and still sensitive to light

GreenBlobVision said on Tue, 6 Oct 2020 at 10:30...

Hi everyone,

From me it's day 5 and I can notice some slight improvement but not really sure. Here are some details:

After Snoring Rush -brand- my central vision got deteriorated. I see a green blob similar to that lingering stain after you see a bright light. I can still read but it is a bit more awkward and faces in the distance are harder to recognise. Photoreceptors seemed damaged. It's harder to read some coloured text.

Went to the doctor and he said this is not the first case he sees and hopes that my vision will get better in a few months. He saw that my optical nerve was swollen and prescribed the following drugs, note that the brand names are from products purchased here in Switzerland:

1. Prednison Streuli 50 mg -Synthetic Corticoid-steroid-
Full tablet every morning for the first three days, half a tablet the following 3 days and 1/4 tablet for the last three days.

2. Vitalux Plus - Suplement containing Lutein and Omega oils. One a day with lunch

4. Vitamin A eye ointment - Before sleep

3. Optava -Artificial tear drops because my eyes were dry-

Obviously please ask your doctor about taking stuff off the counter. specially the corticoid steroids. Just wanna drop this here in case it helps someone.

Hope everyone gets their vision back and takes care... Not doing poppers ever again here.

Good Luck and much love to everyone! be strong!

Fae said on Wed, 14 Oct 2020 at 22:03...

I have the same symptoms as the last poster - canít see faces or read writing from a certain distance...looks like when someone takes a pic of you and the flash light stays there. Screens are hard to look at for long.. This is from using poppers a few times over the past few weeks. Iíve only used them a few times! Woke up the morning after sniffing quite a bit and my eyes were fucked! Itís been about 5 days for me and no improve...I worry itís getting worse but thatís prob my anxiety somewhat. Iíve booked an eye test tomorrow to see the optometrist to try put my mind at rest

Han-solo said on Fri, 23 Oct 2020 at 11:13...

I'm here as today I have spent maybe 2 hours doing a solo session and have a bottle of liquid gold, I'm not a regular user maybe one session every few months but I was mid session today and I looked up and it literally looked like the room had filled with smoke, I quickly jumped up and ran around my house looking for a fire, I couldn't smell smoke but every room I went into had the exact same smoke in it. I looked at the light bulb and it had a rainbow ring around it, I spent maybe 30 mins searching high and low for something on fire but there was nothing, then it hit me..... The poppers have caused this issue, I put my hand in front of the ceiling light and the fog dissapeered, I removed my hand and it came straight back. I am scared this had messed up my vision permanently. Its been about 2 hours so far and everything is still foggy, I've binned the poppers and had a shower but my vision is still messed up, this fog is crazy. Safeto say I'm never touching them again.

JoshVR said on Wed, 17 Feb 2021 at 10:44...

Guys - check out the website thetruthaboutpoppers.com

It is clearly stated by these companies that it is not for human consumption - If you know that there is a 50% chance that your vision could be affected by using poppers - would you really take the chance or the risk?. Unfortunately the reason why some of you find this site is when you are having issues after using these products - some people have no idea that their mental health / other physical issues are as a result of their popper usage. It's a solvent - and your abusing a solvent. It's called Solvent abuse / Chroming. Let's call it what it is - just because its been used by gay guys to make sex easier doesn't take away from what it actually does to you. Don't trust these companies who make these products as though they have a duty of care to you. They wouldn't even bother contacting you back if you damaged yourself as the result of using their product. Give them the finger that your not dumb enough to believe that they really think their products consist of Gay men who have an obsession with polishing their leather harnesses in night clubs, an ongoing nostalgic use of VCRs, and wanting their home to smell like a pungent volatile substance such as dirty socks

Stay Safe - Stay away from Poppers.

Wtf! said on Wed, 24 Feb 2021 at 16:26...

Never had a problem with Poppers until Isobutyl nitrite! Not a regular user, but im now on day 3 off sunspots in central Vision. This needs flagged up to the community, I've never heard of this until now, and I certainly would not be using if I knew. Sad and scary times, if you would just leave shit alone, we knew what they were before, and then you change shit and this is now the results! Apparently previous versions were carcinogenic? Well so is smoking and processed food but it still exists!

Wtf! said on Wed, 24 Feb 2021 at 16:26...

Never had a problem with Poppers until Isobutyl nitrite! Not a regular user, but im now on day 3 off sunspots in central Vision. This needs flagged up to the community, I've never heard of this until now, and I certainly would not be using if I knew. Sad and scary times, if you would just leave shit alone, we knew what they were before, and then you change shit and this is now the results! Apparently previous versions were carcinogenic? Well so is smoking and processed food but it still exists!

Sunspots said on Sat, 6 Mar 2021 at 14:13...

Been using poppers on and off since the 90s without a problem until now. Poppers weren't always easy to find back in the day so there were long periods of zero use that would last years. In recent months popper use has increased because of a resurgent personal sexual activity level and a site was found to order poppers shipped right to the house. So I'd say heavy and more consistent use since around a year ago, early 2020.
About five days ago I was having a solo session with heavy use of Super 95 brand and after one particular popper hit, a tiny spot of intense sparkles appeared right in the middle of my vision. When the popper rush subsided the spot stayed there. The sparkling stopped and what remained was a small spot about the size of a dime held at arm's length, right in the middle of my visual field, where I can't make anything out. What I see in that spot looks exactly like what you see when you look directly at the sun. It's always there and it was accompanied at first with a smoky sheen over everything as if the room were filled with smoke. There was no question that the poppers were what caused it because I watched the whole thing happen "right before my eyes". So I started to research similar experiences and found this place.
I do believe the effect will be temporary as it has become easier and easier to read with each passing day. The smoky haze subsided after the second day and from that point forward I've noticed needing to intentionally focus on words less and less when I read as the central sharp vision slowly returns. This has been truly scary.
Needless to say I'm done with poppers now. I will really miss them because they take sex from exciting to epic. But not at the risk of instant blindness. Not worth it anymore after this experience.

Jimmy said on Tue, 23 Mar 2021 at 22:33...

I only started Poppers for a year or two and my last time I used it I started seeing ink spots and blurred vision so I don't know if this is common. After a night sleep my vision seemed normal very weird experience.

Want to post a follow-up?
  Go ahead:

Your name or nickname:

Your message:

Unless otherwise noted, all contents of this website are
Copyright © 2011-2017 Jack Tinoco. That said, you can use my
images and article excerpts subject to these conditions.