Poppers Poppers Guide Poppers Forum Poppers Reviews

Vision

Posted on Poppers Guide's Forum

Topic created by smart_and_sexy
on Sun, 10 Feb 2019 at 09:06

smart_and_sexy said on Sun, 10 Feb 2019 at 09:06...

Hey,

recently i was experiencing visions after a poppers session. For a couple of days i had problems to focus on letters on the screen, which even led to being unable to read whole texts.

I researched the web and found that Iso-Propyl Nitrit can cause these effects....did you make similar experiences? If so, did you switch to other poppers? Which ones would you recommend?

Thanks!

taz-devil said on Sun, 17 Feb 2019 at 01:42...

Yes, this is a known side effect of isopropyl nitrite and started being noticed around 2010 when governments around the world started banning isobutyl nitrite. I personally experienced changes to my vision which lasted several months and was quite scary. The good news is in the cases I've read about over the years the damage reverses itself over time.

There have been a number of scientific studies which have looked in to this. Unfortunately they focus on all poppers users only and the side effects. Giving the impression that all poppers cause eye damage. This is not true as before 2010 not a single person ever presented themselves to a doctor with suspected eye sight damage.

These scientific studies need to differentiate between what type of poppers were being used. Which is difficult due to the labelling not being very specific - so the users themselves would not have known which formula they were taking.

It's unfortunate, but it goes to show what happens when the government bans a safe product and the industry comes up with the next best (legal) alternative to sell to the market.

All I can say is be careful about isopropyl nitrite. It is very poisonous and also causes lack of oxygen in the blood which can turn your fingernails blue and change your skin colour to grey.

There are a few places online which sell genuine isobutyl nitrite (the old and safe formula). The safest bet is to order it online from one of those companies. Although they can be hard to find.

For more information you can look up "poppers maculopathy" for information on the scientific studies.

JoshVR said on Wed, 17 Feb 2021 at 10:44...

Guys - check out the website thetruthaboutpoppers.com

It is clearly stated by these companies that it is not for human consumption - If you know that there is a 50% chance that your vision could be affected by using poppers - would you really take the chance or the risk?. Unfortunately the reason why some of you find this site is when you are having issues after using these products - some people have no idea that their mental health / other physical issues are as a result of their popper usage. It's a solvent - and your abusing a solvent. It's called Solvent abuse / Chroming. Let's call it what it is - just because its been used by gay guys to make sex easier doesn't take away from what it actually does to you. Don't trust these companies who make these products as though they have a duty of care to you. They wouldn't even bother contacting you back if you damaged yourself as the result of using their product. Give them the finger that your not dumb enough to believe that they really think their products consist of Gay men who have an obsession with polishing their leather harnesses in night clubs, an ongoing nostalgic use of VCRs, and wanting their home to smell like a pungent volatile substance such as dirty socks

Stay Safe - Stay away from Poppers.

Want to post a follow-up?
  Go ahead:

Your name or nickname:

Your message:

Unless otherwise noted, all contents of this website are
Copyright © 2011-2017 Jack Tinoco. That said, you can use my
images and article excerpts subject to these conditions.