Poppers Poppers Guide Poppers Forum Poppers Reviews

Japan Poppers

Posted on Poppers Guide's Forum

Topic created by tokyo_sonata
on Fri, 25 Jan 2019 at 07:11

tokyo_sonata said on Fri, 25 Jan 2019 at 07:11...

I cannot find poppers anywhere in Tokyo. I visited before and remember seeing them but now ZERO? What happened. I asked discreetly and was met with a wall of silence. I need my poppers 'cus i am away from home for a while and wanna play, so any ideas where to look, or have the Japanese stopped selling.

Mam said on Mon, 28 Jan 2019 at 19:48...

I suspect they are prohibited now in Japan, just the same as in Canada. Maybe Australia will follow suit. So now that is Norway, Canada, Japan...anywhere else? I watched a documentary about Tokyo not long ago, given some of the things that go on there, it is surprising that something as relatively innocent as poppers is a big deal. It seems that poppers in Singapore are not a problem, and Singapore is supposed to be strict!

Rosa Klebb said on Sun, 3 Feb 2019 at 12:23...

Japanese only recognize poppers as RUSH... nothing else. This means it is pretty easy to stop them (and the Japan has done that) There was a scandal involving an air steward. Poppers in Asia used to be easy to find but now it all changed. Easy to find in KL & Singapore though.

wall of silence - sure, do not talk about poppers or you will get the silent treatment.

out said on Mon, 4 Feb 2019 at 10:28...

You cannot find popper in korea same as japan.

Rosa Klebb said on Tue, 5 Feb 2019 at 08:03...

I found out for you:

Isobutyl Nitrite is outlawed by a thing called ASEAN COSMETIC DIRECTIVE and so is "amyl nitrites" No sign of our old buddy isopropyl though.

"The ASEAN Economic Ministers signed the Agreement on the ASEAN Harmonized Cosmetic Regulatory Scheme at the 35th ASEAN Economic Ministers Meeting in Cambodia in September 2003"

Hearsay: Chinese poppers are labeled as Alkyl Nitrite and contain formula blends.

As for Japan: they were imported for over 20 years (Rush) by Rittsu in Shinjuku. In 2006 they got shut down. The Japanese have a term - dappo - so like a grey area and they do not like that. There is a lot of concern over drug abuse in Tokyo and elsewhere and poppers have wrongly (in my opinion and the UK lawmakers) been put in that basket.

My guess is this: poppers in ASEAN countries are mainly coming from China / are labeled as either isopropyl or general term "alkyl nitrite" - and are imported as being compliant with ADC as they are not excluded.

Want to post a follow-up?
  Go ahead:

Your name or nickname:

Your message:

Unless otherwise noted, all contents of this website are
Copyright © 2011-2017 Jack Tinoco. That said, you can use my
images and article excerpts subject to these conditions.