Poppers Poppers Guide Poppers Forum Poppers Reviews

Isopropyl Nitrite left blind spot in vision.

Posted on Poppers Guide's Forum

Topic created by Beaker
on Thu, 15 Nov 2018 at 05:13

Beaker said on Thu, 15 Nov 2018 at 05:13...

I have been whipping up and distilling my own isopropyl nitrite for over a year and have no problems. But the first time I let a boyfriend of mine use it he woke up the next day with a hefty blind spot in one eye. After a few weeks it improved a little but it's been a year now and he never fully recovered normal vision in that eye. So, enjoy at your own risk and don't let someone else try it without warning them. This guy is a commercial truck driver and I am sure a blind spot in one eye is NOT helpful to his profession.

Jako said on Thu, 15 Nov 2018 at 11:33...

Plenty of information here on IPN vision loss:

http://poppersguide.com/forum/10213

PJ said on Thu, 15 Nov 2018 at 16:00...

"whipping up and distilling" - you are a qualified and competent chemist?

Anonymous said on Fri, 16 Nov 2018 at 21:17...

Watch out. Beaker is the name of a character from The Muppet Show. He is the assistant of Dr. Bunsen Honeydew/ both are involved in disasters / laboratory explosions, electrocution etc/ Seems a tasteless name to choose when detailing such an alleged serious incident

Read the post then add a big pinch of sodium chloride.

Gandolf Crotch said on Sat, 17 Nov 2018 at 20:02...

Being partially blinded is certainly not good for such work. He should consider getting a new job, and perhaps a new boyfriend that does not brew up poppers in the basement.

Jimmy Feral said on Mon, 3 Dec 2018 at 15:18...

Does he drive around / to the Hull area? If so give me a shout, as I have a mate up that way who likes visitors.

Mam said on Wed, 12 Dec 2018 at 18:16...

>a big pinch of

The ill effects of that formula have long been a rallying call for Jako. I suggest you work out the relationship (if any) between Beaker & Jako.

Informed opinion is that IPN, due to its particular structure vs other nitrites, can trigger existing conditions. Ocular health will not be improved by using IPN, so take it on board.

Whipping up:

"To make someone feel a particular emotion or strong emotions:affect, provoke, inspire..."

Beaker's boyfriend (one of several it seems) is unlucky enough to have experienced this relatively rare side effect of IPN --- AND is a lorry driver. Really? IPN is commonly available and cheap/ most of these domestic brewers make amyl and iso-butyl I believe. Sorry, I am skeptical about this whole story.

glaucoma not isopropyl said on Sun, 16 Dec 2018 at 17:51...

It is believed that this popper formula can cause an increase in eye fluid level. So that will increase eye pressure. So anybody (maybe this truck guy) who already has glaucoma (meaning he should not be a truck guy) or is at risk of developing it should avoid.

Nitrites do not cause blindness. That is bullshit. If it did then there would be significant statistical evidence. What might be happening is: that in these handful of cases it is causing early onset of a condition which already exists. It cannot have any significant effect on those who enjoy ocular health in my opinion.

Guys with abnormal blood pressure should avoid any poppers. This one, due to molecular density, seems to be particularly troublesome to those who have eye conditions...whether they know they do, or have not been diagnosed as such. So check your eye health! You should do this anyway whatever your lifestyle choices.

Ntbiman said on Thu, 11 Apr 2019 at 00:59...

"Nitrites do not cause blindness" Hmm. Big statement.As a class of chemicals, probably not.
However there are increasing reports of macular problems in both anecdotal and in peer-reviewed medical journals, that since iso-propyl has largely replaced amyl in the UK market in particular.
Since the macula is the part of the retina you use for reading and other detailed vision tasks, peeps would be well advised to use other nitrites instead.
Butyl/isobutyl has been associated with a cancer risk, the evidence for this is much less certain.
Good old amyl nitrite would seem to be the safest bet.
Buy from a source which declares content, and preferably purity as well!

JoshVR said on Wed, 17 Feb 2021 at 10:44...

Guys - check out the website thetruthaboutpoppers.com

It is clearly stated by these companies that it is not for human consumption - If you know that there is a 50% chance that your vision could be affected by using poppers - would you really take the chance or the risk?. Unfortunately the reason why some of you find this site is when you are having issues after using these products - some people have no idea that their mental health / other physical issues are as a result of their popper usage. It's a solvent - and your abusing a solvent. It's called Solvent abuse / Chroming. Let's call it what it is - just because its been used by gay guys to make sex easier doesn't take away from what it actually does to you. Don't trust these companies who make these products as though they have a duty of care to you. They wouldn't even bother contacting you back if you damaged yourself as the result of using their product. Give them the finger that your not dumb enough to believe that they really think their products consist of Gay men who have an obsession with polishing their leather harnesses in night clubs, an ongoing nostalgic use of VCRs, and wanting their home to smell like a pungent volatile substance such as dirty socks

Stay Safe - Stay away from Poppers.

Want to post a follow-up?
  Go ahead:

Your name or nickname:

Your message:

Unless otherwise noted, all contents of this website are
Copyright © 2011-2017 Jack Tinoco. That said, you can use my
images and article excerpts subject to these conditions.