Poppers Poppers Guide Poppers Forum Poppers Reviews

Isopropyl Nitrite left blind spot in vision.

Posted on Poppers Guide's Forum

Topic created by Beaker
on Thu, 15 Nov 2018 at 05:13

Beaker said on Thu, 15 Nov 2018 at 05:13...

I have been whipping up and distilling my own isopropyl nitrite for over a year and have no problems. But the first time I let a boyfriend of mine use it he woke up the next day with a hefty blind spot in one eye. After a few weeks it improved a little but it's been a year now and he never fully recovered normal vision in that eye. So, enjoy at your own risk and don't let someone else try it without warning them. This guy is a commercial truck driver and I am sure a blind spot in one eye is NOT helpful to his profession.

Jako said on Thu, 15 Nov 2018 at 11:33...

Plenty of information here on IPN vision loss:

http://poppersguide.com/forum/10213

PJ said on Thu, 15 Nov 2018 at 16:00...

"whipping up and distilling" - you are a qualified and competent chemist?

Anonymous said on Fri, 16 Nov 2018 at 21:17...

Watch out. Beaker is the name of a character from The Muppet Show. He is the assistant of Dr. Bunsen Honeydew/ both are involved in disasters / laboratory explosions, electrocution etc/ Seems a tasteless name to choose when detailing such an alleged serious incident

Read the post then add a big pinch of sodium chloride.

Gandolf Crotch said on Sat, 17 Nov 2018 at 20:02...

Being partially blinded is certainly not good for such work. He should consider getting a new job, and perhaps a new boyfriend that does not brew up poppers in the basement.

Jimmy Feral said on Mon, 3 Dec 2018 at 15:18...

Does he drive around / to the Hull area? If so give me a shout, as I have a mate up that way who likes visitors.

Mam said on Wed, 12 Dec 2018 at 18:16...

>a big pinch of

The ill effects of that formula have long been a rallying call for Jako. I suggest you work out the relationship (if any) between Beaker & Jako.

Informed opinion is that IPN, due to its particular structure vs other nitrites, can trigger existing conditions. Ocular health will not be improved by using IPN, so take it on board.

Whipping up:

"To make someone feel a particular emotion or strong emotions:affect, provoke, inspire..."

Beaker's boyfriend (one of several it seems) is unlucky enough to have experienced this relatively rare side effect of IPN --- AND is a lorry driver. Really? IPN is commonly available and cheap/ most of these domestic brewers make amyl and iso-butyl I believe. Sorry, I am skeptical about this whole story.

Want to post a follow-up?
  Go ahead:

Your name or nickname:

Your message:

Unless otherwise noted, all contents of this website are
Copyright © 2011-2017 Jack Tinoco. That said, you can use my
images and article excerpts subject to these conditions.