Poppers Poppers Guide Poppers Forum Poppers Reviews

Actual glass poppers?

Posted on Poppers Guide's Forum

Topic created by Dave
on Sun, 17 Jun 2018 at 17:36

Dave said on Sun, 17 Jun 2018 at 17:36...

I'm new to all this but I was curious if anyone found a way to find or recreate the actual popping capsules from the 70s?

Royston said on Tue, 19 Jun 2018 at 07:31...

They did exist in the recent past, Dave. They are called snappers. Very inconvenient! I think they also exist in some snake poison remedy kits today :-) also for angina treatments. Contain amyl.

ZX'er said on Wed, 27 Jun 2018 at 05:34...

Amyl nitrite ampules. You can find them today if you look hard enough! They are sold as first aid against cyanide poisoning. Each little glass ampule holds about .3 of a milliliter. Sometimes they have like a metal gauze to prevent cuts, or they advise breaking in a handkerchief.

So no need to recreate them, as they are still around. Obviously the number of people at risk of cyanide poisoning is very small indeed so you will not find them at Walmart :-)

Dave said on Fri, 29 Jun 2018 at 02:46...

Awesome, thanks for the tips! ;-) now I've been looking online and I think my noobishness is getting the better of me. Any chance you could post a link or two to help me find them?

Nelly said on Fri, 29 Jun 2018 at 10:13...

If you are in the habit of going to country house weekends with mysterious strangers, then take amyl! Watch out for Colonel Mustard with his big candle stick, it might also come in handy.

They are called "ampoules" - note the spelling. You need documentation to buy them and only in bulk.

That bastard Heinrich Himmler cheated the gallows with cyanide. Shame they did not have any amyl with them then.

Finger Bob said on Wed, 4 Jul 2018 at 08:32...

What strange ideas you have. A board game and a notorious historical figure.... I think you may have issues.

Want to post a follow-up?
  Go ahead:

Your name or nickname:

Your message:

Unless otherwise noted, all contents of this website are
Copyright © 2011-2017 Jack Tinoco. That said, you can use my
images and article excerpts subject to these conditions.