Poppers Poppers Guide Poppers Forum Poppers Reviews

Poppers donít work on me anymore

Posted on Poppers Guide's Forum

Topic created by JFK
on Fri, 8 Jun 2018 at 00:11

JFK said on Fri, 8 Jun 2018 at 00:11...

I started using poppers two years ago. Started on once or twice a week just to jerk off. It became more often, May use it 4 times a week. But from almost 6 months ago. Poppers doesnít seem to work any more. I tried many different brands, same thing. My heartbeat is normal after sniffing, I donít get the rush and fun feeling from poppers anymore. And I get block nose sometimes for no reason at all, nostrils spray frees the nose block but does anyone lose popper rush feelings too? Or is just me?

Jako said on Sat, 9 Jun 2018 at 12:12...

They changed the formula in 2007 from iso butyl to iso propy thats why poppers don't work anymore. Iso butyl gave you a strong pulse in the head followed by rapid heartbeat and then a smooth long lasting rush.

Anonymous said on Sat, 9 Jun 2018 at 16:06...

"They?" Not everyone lives in the UK.

Jako said on Sat, 9 Jun 2018 at 16:32...

When I say 'They' I mean European lawmakers banned Iso Butyl as they claimed it was carcinogenic. I think this could have influenced other countries outside the EU as good 'old style' poppers seem to be illusive.

jj said on Sun, 10 Jun 2018 at 08:15...

try to dig around for some good ol amyl ;-)

Harry said on Mon, 11 Jun 2018 at 04:37...

I had this exact same problem myself. I started buying poppers again in 2015 and used them almost daily for a year, then one evening, boom, no effect. A brand new bottle would smell like old poppers to me and the effects stopped entirely.

My personal solution was to stop using completely for a month, then leave *at least* 3 days between sessions. I'm UK based so I started buying european poppers (amyl etc) to mix things up. I don't think I'll ever return to the mind-blowing long sessions I used to have and for some reason the first session on a brand new bottle is *always* underwhelming (however the 2nd time on that bottle onwards is good). I still enjoy poppers though, I just have to stop myself from overdoing it now!

Anonymous said on Mon, 11 Jun 2018 at 21:22...

Thanks Harry, Iím from new zealand. I donít think we have local poppers here. They are all imported. So which brand do you recommend? Do you have to use a new bottle every time? How is your everyday breathing?
Thanks

phil_toxic said on Sat, 23 Jun 2018 at 22:14...

I have same problem,ive stopped for month and feeling still not back.should I just buy more bottles and put them all in a bigger container ive being using 50 ml without much effect,does the more poppers account to a better hit,or is this an irrelevant experiment?eg should I put 6-7 ml bottles(liquid gold propyle) into a 100ml bottle,or should I leeve extra air in bottle for fumes to gather like 200ml or 300ml bottles.also does it matter if im sniffing from plastic or glass bottles?does it weaken effect.

I have been using poppers for about two years and no more than once a week with 6-5 sniffs max,then moved to once every two weeks then 3 week.the point im trying to make is I think I have a tolerance without using mega or frequent amounts.i tried snakes butyle which is decent although doesn't blow my socks off like earlier sessions.

Want to post a follow-up?
  Go ahead:

Your name or nickname:

Your message:

Unless otherwise noted, all contents of this website are
Copyright © 2011-2017 Jack Tinoco. That said, you can use my
images and article excerpts subject to these conditions.