Poppers Poppers Guide Poppers Forum Poppers Reviews

Poppers caused my cancer

Posted on Poppers Guide's Forum

Topic created by freddie56
on Wed, 12 Oct 2016 at 16:24

freddie56 said on Wed, 12 Oct 2016 at 16:24...

I was a heavy popper user for about 15 years.
Two years ago I was diagnosed with a cancer called Multiple Myeloma. It's a cancer specifically linked to people working in the chemical industry.
I have always worked outdoors in fresh air.
I definitely link my cancer to the use of poppers.
I am not trying to tell you to stop using poppers just be aware that they can cause serious health problems.

heartX said on Wed, 12 Oct 2016 at 19:17...

According to what I read "The cause of multiple myeloma is not known" I recall there was a period when it was falsely claimed that Kaposi's sarcoma was caused by poppers, it was not of course. When you say heavy user, what does that mean please? Best X

popperaddict said on Sat, 26 Nov 2016 at 12:22...

Were you using isobutyl?

Soberingup said on Mon, 20 Mar 2017 at 03:55...

Multiple research has shown that poppers is carcinogenic and it significantly lowers your immune system for a while after usage. I used to get lung infections every time after a heavy popperbate session. Sometimes I wish I never discovered the pleasure of popperbating.

long ice said on Wed, 26 Apr 2017 at 09:46...

No research has shown any such thing! Poppers do not equal isobutyl nitrite. There are other formulations like pentyl nitrite (aka amyl) etc which are daily used in medicinal practice. Isobutyl nitrite is listed by some US states as a carcinogen in the industrial workplace (California I think) and it is banned in Europe. You may find that the French just recently banned it, not sure. In any case the evidence is sketchy and poppers containing isobutyl nitrite continue to be sold in the USA, but for cleaning purposes, video head and not circuits etc.

Scaremongering like this is stupid. Lung infections are caused when the membranes are irritated and bacterial growth is encouraged. Nothing to do with this debunked immune deficiency nonsense or cancer.

Want to post a follow-up?
  Go ahead:

Your name or nickname:

Your message:

Unless otherwise noted, all contents of this website are
Copyright © 2011-2017 Jack Tinoco. That said, you can use my
images and article excerpts subject to these conditions.