Poppers Poppers Guide Poppers Forum Poppers Reviews

Best lubricant

Posted on Poppers Guide's Forum

Topic created by Mojo90
on Thu, 22 Sep 2016 at 07:20

Mojo90 said on Thu, 22 Sep 2016 at 07:20...

Hi guys, any advice for me on which lubricant. Difficult to choose; water based, oil, or silicone?? I know that petroleum lubricant tends to be sticky and wonder about those with desensitizing properties; do they work or not. Traditionally I always used KY but was looking to buy something else to try.

Anonymous said on Thu, 22 Sep 2016 at 14:21...

Try 'Boy Butter', good reviews on Amazon.

guykinX said on Fri, 23 Sep 2016 at 07:58...

Oil lubricants tend to last longer and be kinda smoother in my opinion. Oil ones cannot be used with condoms though so that stinks. As far as I know silicone based lube is OK for rubber johnnies. For reasons of discretion I choose not to buy lubricants that have suggestive names, the one mentioned above is not for me! Crisco is often mentioned and that is vegetable shortening. I like the feeling of lube on my fingers it is the signal for pleasure ahead :-) The one's that have some heat and make you tingle are great. I think some of these contain Benzocaine

Anonymous said on Fri, 23 Sep 2016 at 10:43...

On the contrary,
Always go for the lubricants with the most salacious, lewd, obscene, bawdy, lecherous, licentious, horny, steamy, suggestive, libertine, raunchy name you can find.

The Colonel said on Fri, 23 Sep 2016 at 14:47...

Dr Shag's Bonk Oil (with added shaft power) wins my vote every time.

Anonymous said on Fri, 23 Sep 2016 at 15:09...

Now that's what I call 'Bawdy' !!!

Count Alucard said on Fri, 23 Sep 2016 at 16:59...

'Duckhams', before all these fancy ass oils came out.

Mulligatawny said on Fri, 23 Sep 2016 at 18:34...

Julian Clary and Jeremy Clarkson had kids? Seems like it :-(

There is a well known brand called Gun Oil (think it is silicone based lube) so that one might suit as the name is not that saucy. PWD Rush also makes a lubricant as well. The other big name I can remember is Swiss Navy and Pjur lubes. Pjur has one called Back Door which will no doubt get sniggers from those at the back of the class. Cleanstream Water-based is the desensitizing lubricant that suits that activity.

And for all the Frankie Howard types: Don't forget "Five Go Mad in Dorset" where Uncle Quentin gets caught with the Vaseline. You can watch it and snigger to your hearts content.

Anonymous said on Fri, 23 Sep 2016 at 19:27...

Snigger? Titter ye not.

flower4u said on Sat, 24 Sep 2016 at 13:58...

Desensitizing lubrication should be used with caution. Discomfort or pain is the bodies way to say "easy tiger" I am surprised if benzocaine is used in these preparations... as it is a local anesthetic. I personally would advise not ordering goofy stuff of this kind from Asia, as they have a reputation for putting all sorts of things in them. Glycerin in those water based lubricants can cause yeast infection....not nice!!

123 said on Sat, 24 Sep 2016 at 19:10...

J-Lube

DabMaster said on Sat, 24 Sep 2016 at 21:28...

I agree J-Lube is the best

KinkybiM said on Wed, 28 Sep 2016 at 00:37...

Crisco is the best

Old Fanny's Almanac said on Sat, 12 Nov 2016 at 09:21...

Lubricate your mind with Old Fanny's Almanac for 2017.

Now that cheap populism has been put at the center of politics, as opposed to serious ideological conviction, the following will happen:

Peter Stringfellow to be be made Minister for Education (May)
Jamie Oliver to be made a pear of the realm (October)
Cat toilets to be installed on all Virgin trains ((1st January)
Nigel Farage to be ennobled "Knighte" at Mother Shipton's Caves in Yorkshire (February)

Tim said on Sun, 4 Dec 2016 at 17:07...

Boy Butter> is that one good?

Spunky said on Wed, 21 Dec 2016 at 05:21...

USA here. I use different lubes for different jobs. :-)

For good ol' fashioned sex, playing with sex toys, using condoms to prevent pregnancy/HIV, I use Gun Oil H2O lube. It's the best water based lube out there. I've tried them all! It doesn't get sticky and it has the perfect thickness. It's a little pricey, but its worth it. Cheaper water based lubes get super sticky with reapplication to the point they lose their ability to stay slick.

I tend to stay away from silicone based lubes. Its a personal choice. Although they stay slick a long time without having to reapply a lot like water based lubes, silicone lube stains (even permanently) your clothes, sheets and furniture. Its also hard to clean since it feels super oily. If you do use it, make sure you lay an old bed sheet on top of the place you're going to have sex so you don't mind staining it with the lube. Some people love it. You're not supposed to use it with condoms or sex toys since it destroys the latex. I'm starting to see hybrid lubes with silicone and water that are supposed to be safe with condoms, but I haven't tried them yet.

For jacking off, I use Albolene. Its a facial cleanser/moisturizer that women use to remove makeup. No joke! I learned about this stuff from guys that are into hardcore masturbating, edgers. It stays slick and lasts forever. Plus its not hard to clean off your hands. :-) They sell it on Amazon and at Walgreens drug store type places. Make sure you buy the one with the blue lid, its unscented. The red lid is scented, I have no idea what it smells like, but the one with the blue lid is the one most seen at the stores.

Have fun!

Obscure2015 said on Wed, 4 Jan 2017 at 23:01...

If you want a cheap and easy water based lube which is safe for anal sex and condom friendly, ive got one you can make at home.

go to any super market and look in the "gluten free isle" you are looking for something called Xanthan Gum for about £3, or $5 its an additive they put in bread or sauces for thickening.

take a pot on the stove with some water, boil the water then slowly add the gum sprinkling a little at a time and whisking or mixing untill its dissolved, the water will thicken, and just add as much as you like untill you get the thickness you want, then let it cool it wont take long, and if you mix it right it actually has the consistency of Cum.

just make as much as you need whenever you need, cheap and easy :-) its what all these "lube powders" are made from

just make sure you make fresh every time as it doesn't store when its made up due to no preservatives.

i use it all the time, stays super slippery and is very easy to clean up after

Rene said on Fri, 6 Jan 2017 at 12:08...

Interesting. Not sure about homemade lubes? I know that you should not use coconut oil as it can clog the pores and has anti-bacterial properties, which may not be desirable. It is also no good with latex.

Xanthan Gum is a laxative isn't it? Not sure I am so confident about using that for intimate purposes.

I am interested in the kind of lubricant that have some "heat" but I wonder if they are safe to use, and what kinda stuff goes in them? Is it like peppermint or something like that> thanks. R.

SazzyQ said on Tue, 25 Apr 2017 at 08:02...

I always keep my KY in the fridge. Is that right??? I mean could be embarrassing if you have guests who like to help themselves BUT I friggin LUV the feel of the cold you know where... never tried any other lube but my motto is if it works why fix it?? not so sure about hot and spicy styles, burn guyz??

Boxty said on Wed, 6 Dec 2017 at 09:28...

Blue Boy Lubricant any good? I know it is water-based. I also see that Rush make a lube! Silicone based.

Uncle Quentin lol Quite edgy for its time - Section 28 and all that! Don't forget homosexuality was only legalised in Northern Ireland in 1982! That is when that show was made!

Brad said on Thu, 14 Dec 2017 at 07:32...

@flower4u desensitizing lubricants are great! Without them I wouldn't have any fun! The ingredients are listed on the tube; so if you are worried you can check them out. I advise using a strong and reputable condom if using these lubes. Doc Johnson have a good range of these products. Take a look at Doc Johnson Goodhead too.

thamaanoun said on Wed, 20 Dec 2017 at 09:34...

Everyone know that oil lube will damage condom cus of the latex. In fact many say that we must use condom to protect pregnancy and spread of STI. Well can also happen to other person too! I got before HORRIBLE infection in urine tract because of broken condom. Make sure it is not too OLD! Anyone that is saying not to use condoms is CRAZY. I am talking about with a woman.

Neil said on Thu, 28 Dec 2017 at 20:31...

You are saying that you got a UTI from a broken condom? You are a woman, right? I am not prying into your private life... but maybe you should sanitize whatever you are using rather relying on a protective layer?

thamaanoun said on Sun, 31 Dec 2017 at 13:43...

I am man you stupid bastard! I am clean it was woman not clean. What else you waana say?! I TELL you gain you can have infection of YEASTS which makes pssing like fire and fever for a week

She Devil said on Thu, 4 Jan 2018 at 19:34...

Not a pleasant way to respond, sexist, rude, and potty mouthed. As for vulgarity, urinary tract infections usually originate in the mouth (your big gob for example). Most likely bacteria on food perhaps. Or of course if you were eating something else then you may have got it that way. That does not mean your unfortunate partner was "unclean" you medieval lump of cow dung.

There are sanitizing lubricants. Plus for Thamaanoun The Gob ; try an oral dam. They are barriers that reduce the chance of contracting a sexually transmitted bacterial infection.

las palmas said on Fri, 12 Jan 2018 at 09:01...

Vasoline! That is petroleum jelly and I guess is no good as lube. Still it is the old school lube and brings back all those sticky memories of past fun. Same with poppers, one whiff and I'm transported back. Shrinks call that a memory trigger, pre-pleasure like what you get before a long gourmey meal. Vasoline has a distinct aroma too. Boybutter is good, but the name is not exactly discreet, so don't leaving it laying around if you are in the closet.

Anonymous said on Wed, 7 Feb 2018 at 12:19...

Neil = Troll. As in Neil Johan Coggins BA, aka Welsh Wally. Do not fall into his troll traps! Objective is to derail, so not about lubes, but an seemingly innocent insult about gender, sti etc. Beware!

Tee said on Tue, 13 Feb 2018 at 10:53...

Should it be that any lubricant that has anesthetic property be used carefully? I wonder about it as discomfort is sign from your body to stop as you can damage inside??

Davey said on Mon, 19 Feb 2018 at 09:04...

There are some lubes that contain benzocaine for anesthetic, I think one is called A -eze or something like that. Benzocaine is also used in those delay creams for help with premature ejaculation.

The warming ones that some folks mentioned contain menthol or capsaicin (think chilli peppers!)

If you do use these type of gels you should exercise common sense. yep, pain or discomfort is the body's way of saying stop. So anything that interferes with that response is a potential source of troubles. But used within reason - for example if you use Benzocaine gels for risky behavior (I am thinking of FF here maybe) then sure might lead to a prob. But for everyday vanilla stuff? In my opinion that is OK, but as I say exercise common sense and do not overdo it. Yeah and using these type of gels with other prohibited substances, which can also rob the nervous system of its normal responses, is increasing risk for risky behavior. I do not mean poppers here, I mean like chems and other crap like that, which you should avoid anyway.

saph said on Sun, 25 Feb 2018 at 10:34...

Do personal lubricants interfere with vaginal flora?

She Devil said on Fri, 13 Apr 2018 at 09:38...

Bacterial vaginosis can be caused by petroleum jelly. Do not use vasoline! Glycerin which is found in some lubes (maybe even K-Y) can be a factor in those horrible yeast infections. I drink raw cranberry juice every day and that helps, yeah!! The trick with cranberry juice is to mix it with water and another juice, as the taste can be kinda bitter.

william b said on Mon, 21 Oct 2019 at 19:52...

what about fisting, guyz? any recommendations for good lubrication? kinda new to the idea but my BF is keen. poppers i used are called Bears Own.

Dandy Highwayman said on Fri, 8 Nov 2019 at 11:25...

FISTIT have a whole range of lubricant products; so one with strawberry, petroleum jelly, and then there is anal relaxer, silicone, and water based. there is actually a "room odouriser" called Fist too. Not sure if that is just a brand or if it is specifically tailored for fisting.

SkinFist said on Sat, 23 Jan 2021 at 09:19...

@william b, for fisting J-lube is my go to. You can get in powered form to mix to your preferred consistency, or they make a pre-mixed jelly. Either or 🐷

OMG! said on Mon, 31 May 2021 at 19:14...

I heard a lot of guys in the fisting community use EC, namely Maximum Impact and others? is this true? if so, you guys should inform yourselves about this product. It is not poppers, in fact it does the exact reverse. Avoid, guys.

any tips for a 1st timer (nervous) to fisting.

thanks.

Want to post a follow-up?
  Go ahead:

Your name or nickname:

Your message:

Unless otherwise noted, all contents of this website are
Copyright © 2011-2017 Jack Tinoco. That said, you can use my
images and article excerpts subject to these conditions.