Poppers Poppers Guide Poppers Forum Poppers Reviews

Poppers and blocked nose?

Posted on Poppers Guide's Forum

Topic created by qwerty
on Wed, 17 Aug 2016 at 02:07

qwerty said on Wed, 17 Aug 2016 at 02:07...

Does a blocked nose (just one side) affect poppers in any way, or the other way around? Will it make it worse, or does it have any therapeutic affects? Random question, but was curious seeing as though I've had a blocked nose for a couple of days now, and the poppers I recently bought will be arriving soon.

Fishcake said on Wed, 17 Aug 2016 at 16:16...

Reason would suggest "make it worse" as it will agitate the membranes. Blocked nose is a pain in the arse, if it turns into an inner ear infection then it is hell. Take a hot bath with eucaplytust, make the bathroom like a sauna. I say leave the poppers alone until the block is gone.

Maninasuitcase said on Wed, 17 Aug 2016 at 16:42...

Nitrites lower the immune system for approx 3 days after inhalation. Any kind of infection or inflammation could worsen.

Andy said on Thu, 18 Aug 2016 at 11:46...

Maninasuitcase. Had results a week ago from a blood test I had after complaining of an ongoing unrelated muscle cramps problem, I have been told I have a 'low' red blood cell haemoglobin count and could be anaemic. Had to have a repeat test today, one week later. It had been two weeks, three weeks now, since finishing my second butyl 3 pack in two months, which itself took a fortnight to finish! I'm sure it's poppers by my research that has caused this. I am not telling my doc about my diagnosis due to heavy popper use, and I dont want to start taking meds or stuff, so I was wondering if you had any ideas how long the body takes to right itself. You seem to know your stuff about poppers and I cant find any info on time for the body to recover from nitrite induced anaemia, only that it can cause it.

Maninasuitcase said on Thu, 18 Aug 2016 at 16:48...

Andy, nitrites tire the body out, at least a full weeks abstinence is needed to maintain health. I too wouldnt admit to my eye doctor I was a long term popper user, even when he told me my scans look exactly like classic 'Popper Mac'! (He knew I was lying). Info on popper after effects and conditions is scattered and random, mainly due to the introduction of iso propyl in 2007 by Mr Clever Clogs. If you've got your health youre a millionaire.

Maninasuitcase said on Thu, 18 Aug 2016 at 17:04...

'Poppers Place' use to be a good source for information, unfortunately now the post's are all about 'making poppers', downright dangerous if you ask me.

Nurse Knockers said on Thu, 18 Aug 2016 at 18:20...

Word in your shell like, dears. Make sure you eat plenty of iron veg (spinach, chard, kale) and take relevant vitamin substitutes. I recommend (and this is NOT a joke) black pudding - it is a great pick me up if you are feeling knackered. I am personally suspicious of this link between anemia and poppers, BUT your usage is way too much, dear. Give it a rest and cut down anyway, Andy. Also, switch to amyl /pentyl and see if that helps.

Be well, dears, and if it is really causing a problem...STOP!

Andy said on Fri, 19 Aug 2016 at 10:12...

Thank you both for your input, Maninasuitcase I agree, making is for idiots, unless you have a good knowledge of chemistry, even people that make it commercially don't always get it right, anyone can follow a recipe, anyone can get the ingredients, preparing it is another thing, add water to concentrated H2SO4 instead of acid to water and hell will she blow!! etc. Not for the inexperienced. I will have to have a break for a while, it's been a butyl 3 pack for the third month in a row now, two weeks on, two weeks off to recover fully, or so I thought until that blood test. Just got another butyl 3 pack yesterday so I think in reality, my break will kick in in a fortnight.
Luckily I do have pretty good health, I don't smoke, occasional drink, daily one to three hour dog walks, mind you when using, and for a couple of days after, I can just about wheeze around the block, it's mental what we do to ourselves really.
Nurse Knockers. Thank you for your advice, healthier eating and a daily vitamin supplement wouldn't hurt. The nurse who took my blood said I could be anaemic and had a low red blood cell count, and something to do with platelets. Internet research does seem to indicate nitrites can cause red blood cell damage and a carbon monoxide like bonding potentially stopping the blood absorbing oxygen, feeling knackered afterwards, mm I wonder, will soon be giving it a rest when I have finished these. I find isoamyl / pentyl, more or less the same thing really, gives me very bad congestion and a tickly cough for about a week after, obviously I wouldn't go near isopropyl, I value my sight too much which only leaves isobutyl. Ever since the proper 70's and 80's and 90's PWD, liquid gold isobutyl and the likes, which have in my opinion always been the best. Isobutyl nitrite IS and always has been the strongest popper in my opinion. I shall be taking a long rest when these have gone

Maninasuitcase said on Fri, 19 Aug 2016 at 15:36...

Agree, isobutyl is King Popper. Always has been, always will be. Nurse, I take a a plethora of vitamins every day, I'll try try the black pudding too, thanks. Watch out you are breathing in plenty of fresh air during a session, windows open wide. Don't sleep in another room after, the aroma clings to room and you're taking it in while unconscious.

Maninasuitcase said on Fri, 19 Aug 2016 at 15:43...

I mean sleep in a room you weren't huffing in! Take some B complex too.

Andy said on Sat, 20 Aug 2016 at 21:26...

A good sesh outside, possibly under the right circumstances

Doc Rex said on Mon, 20 Jan 2020 at 01:45...

Poppers oxidizes the iron molecule in hemoglobin converting a normal hemoglobin to met hemoglobin . Oxygen cannot be carried by a met hemoglobins. This causes shortness of breath, especially if you’re a smoker. The half life of met hemoglobin is 55 minutes which means half the met hemoglobins are converted back to normal hemoglobin.

Want to post a follow-up?
  Go ahead:

Your name or nickname:

Your message:

Unless otherwise noted, all contents of this website are
Copyright © 2011-2017 Jack Tinoco. That said, you can use my
images and article excerpts subject to these conditions.