Poppers Poppers Guide Poppers Forum Poppers Reviews

Brexit uk out of eu means isobutyl is now legal

Posted on Poppers Guide's Forum

Topic created by popeye
on Tue, 5 Jul 2016 at 12:03

popeye said on Tue, 5 Jul 2016 at 12:03...

Right just had a thought , does the UK now breaking away and leaving the European Union mean that isobutyl is now maybe going to be legal seen as the ban was another crazy European Union law ?

Maninasuitcase said on Tue, 5 Jul 2016 at 13:42...

I really hope so, but I suspect it may take some time and pressure from popper lovers.

Ob Tuse said on Tue, 5 Jul 2016 at 19:10...

I am sure it will be a number one priority for all the mild mannered liberal Brexiteers. Then again the French currently do not seem to give a damn about the fact butyl is banned as a carcinogen within the European Union. Until Article whatever is invoked nothing will change anyway.

Anonymous said on Wed, 6 Jul 2016 at 09:23...

well liquid gold used to be isoB! so it was the eu that changed it???

Maninasuitcase said on Wed, 6 Jul 2016 at 15:57...

Liquid Gold had been butyl for about 25 years, it was the best on the market until EU interference in 2007.

queenie said on Wed, 6 Jul 2016 at 18:08...

pooh! why would anyone start reversing laws that allegedly ban a cancer causing formula, not saying it does or it don't, but it is not likely to happen. I would assume that the Europeans had their reasons?

SureValley said on Wed, 6 Jul 2016 at 20:09...

They put a ban on isobutyl because it could cause cancer, its never bin proved, now they see the danger of propyl (severe eye diseases) and pentyl that can cause asthma and bronchitis, the EU is already talking to lift the ban on isobutyl like in the US and France, now they see the danger

Maninasuitcase said on Wed, 6 Jul 2016 at 21:07...

Its true it was never 100% proven, until they started feeding rats with butyl and one of them eventually died. Then some Euro-professor declared butyl carcinogenic.

SureValley said on Wed, 6 Jul 2016 at 21:51...

In my opinion Isobutyl Nitrite is the safest nitrite to use as an inhalant...

Maninasuitcase said on Thu, 7 Jul 2016 at 05:34...

SureValley: I was inhaling butyl for 23 years and it never did me any harm.

Gavin Fox said on Thu, 7 Jul 2016 at 13:44...

Actually this chemical is listed since May 1st 1996 under CHEMICALS KNOWN TO THE STATE TO CAUSE CANCER OR REPRODUCTIVE TOXICITY by State of California Environmental Protection Agency. That is 1996, not 2007. I do not accept that isobutyl nitrite, or any chemical, was banned by any authority on the basis of a single rat mortality. Inhaling any nitrite can cause lung inflammation which may in turn result in other complications in some. Retinopathy related to isopropyl nitrite is certainly a cause for concern, it however is nothing compared to the potential risk to the public associated with inhaling a known carcinogen. The retinopathy reported may also be associated with an existing condition in which case any nitrite may be the trigger. Diagnostically poppers use does not enter the mind of most practitioners - people are reluctant to mention it, and it is not at all well known. Perhaps this is indeed a developing LBGT heath issue.

Maninasuitcase said on Fri, 8 Jul 2016 at 08:57...

Gavin Fox, OK I exaggerated about the rat testing out of sheer annoyance over the butyl ban. Inhaling nitrites isn't healthy I know. As you say the real concern is the substitute isopropyl nitrite which is causing 'poppers maculopathy' in many people.

Andy said on Fri, 15 Jul 2016 at 10:14...

If you made rats ingest alcohol and inhale tobacco smoke for long enough they would eventually die from liver damage and lung cancer, so surely we should ban them too as they are both proven through many many years to be seriously damaging to many people, not the half baked lab tests on rats. How many rats was it tested on, and for how long? How many years have we known about fags and booze. There is nowhere near enough evidence to say that Isobutyl CAUSES cancer full stop, just an idea on the very limited tests carried out on rats that it MIGHT. Isopropyl is increasingly causing eye damage in lots of people, ban that!! Isobutyl for me every time!

inardua said on Fri, 15 Jul 2016 at 13:01...

Should the UK leave the EU then it has already been stated that all existing & applicable EU laws will be subsumed onto the statute books of the UK until such times as individual matters are raised and discussed by Parliament. I don't think for a second that the ingredients of poppers will be a particularly hot topic for debate. But of course now that I've moved down under I can legally buy the good stuff imported from JJ of Canada. Alas a quick reverse IP lookup of the JJ homepage reveals that it is registered in Australia. So the BS goes on and on and on.....

http://www.junglejuiceplus.com/

Dog Walker said on Sun, 17 Jul 2016 at 09:44...

If all laws are subsumed then that means we cannot get high suction vacuum cleaners!? It will also still be mandatory to wash your hands before eating in a canteen etc. The EU will lurk in our system for decades causing inconvenience and frustration for all! We should revert to Magna Carter.

Laird of Lechery said on Tue, 19 Jul 2016 at 09:16...

Brexit will mean the unexpected. Nobody has thought it through! One thing that will happen is that the Laws of Common Grounde (1674) will apply meaning that all fish caught north of "The Wash" will need to be smoked and peacock livers will be allowed again in "mix'ed meates" like sausages and savory pies. Hooray!

Anonymous said on Tue, 19 Jul 2016 at 19:22...

All EU law since should be reversed back to the 4th June 1975.

A. Nutt said on Mon, 25 Jul 2016 at 10:17...

I remember watching Ivor The Engine in 1975. I suspect the EU banned it! There was a dragon in that show that used to make fish and chips and Hackney Council banned the books from their libraries. Of course Ivor The Engine competed with the Magic Roundabout....a FRENCH show owned by Office de Radiodiffusion Télévision Française. Nuff said..

Anonymous said on Mon, 25 Jul 2016 at 16:43...

Nutty: You can see their masterplan, they even made the BBC censor Fawlty Towers after the Germans episode.

A. Nutt said on Tue, 26 Jul 2016 at 10:40...

I would not be surprised. The liberal elite (who all watch foreign language telly with subtitles) also banned "It Aint Half Hot Mum" and replaced it with Barnaby The Bear. Barnaby is none other than Colargol, a Franco-Polish monstrosity with a subliminal political agenda: he is always being captured by so called evil capitalists like Mr. Pimoulu and rescued by a rat and a crow with suspicious foreign names. His girlfriend is a polar bear called Nordine and he makes a very big deal about his "magic whistle". Nuff said.

Barmpot said on Wed, 27 Jul 2016 at 15:41...

Donald Trump likes his steak well done so you may wish to hitch your britches and get a job in construction (wall building). This is the only way to protect yourself from Colargol and his ilk.

Anonymous said on Sat, 30 Jul 2016 at 08:22...

Other examples of Euro-commie infiltration:

Rupert The Bear (real name Ruprecht der Bar)
Bob The Builder (real name Bobislav von Warsaw)
Postman Pat (Facteur Patrice)
Cloppa Castle (Schloss von Kloppa)
Bagpuss (Le Chat Sac)

All the above tv shows promote the eating of garlic and cured meat, the free movement of labour, and subsidies for olive oil producers. Bagpuss dislikes the traditional English breakfast and is often seen feasting on pain au chocolat! Bob The Builder encourages people to install bidets.
When will people wake up!

Harry said on Sun, 31 Jul 2016 at 11:38...

I remember a nice tv show where a girl goes and lives with her uncle on a horse farm. She forms a bond with the gee gee and has many exciting adventures. I also used to like Pipkins. I strongly dispute that these excellent programs were in any way associated with the subliminal promotion of a "European Super State" or an urban-liberal middle class agenda.

A. Nutt said on Tue, 2 Aug 2016 at 11:30...

Black Beauty or Follyfoot as in:

Down in the meadow when the wind blows free, a whispering breeze in the lightning tree.

Dreams come true if you want them to if you want them to, then it's up to you.

Anonymous said on Fri, 5 Aug 2016 at 15:22...

No! The name of the outrage is "The White Horses" a production of RTV Ljubljana and Südwestfunk. It involves a little missy who travels from Belgrade to stay with her mysterious Uncle Dimitri and his groom Hugo. The horse is called Boris! I find it hard to imagine that I need to go further! Two geezers - Dimitri and Hugo - living with a horse called Boris! and a lodger from Tito's Yugoslavia! C'mon people! Boris is often getting into scrapes (such as ending up at a glue factory, biting local dignitaries etc) after which Uncle Dimitri launches into long winded monologues about agricultural subsidies and tariffs! This is when "Onkel" - who looks like Joseph Stalin - is not not learning his Morse code, or teaching Hugo ancient Greek poetry and Turkish wrestling.

I am not overly familiar with Pipkins, although I am highly suspicious of Topov The Monkey.

old nuisance said on Fri, 16 Sep 2016 at 14:31...

Brexit will also mean that beached wales on UK shores are the property of the Duc de Ruban-Rouge. Technically the current Duc (he is a sheep farmer in Queensland) is entitled to a quart of ale from every "fishermanne that dwelleth in the towne of Hunstanton" and also has Droit du seigneur over "ye fish laddes". There is much debate over the legal meaning of this term, but it basically means he can "have it away" with fishermen if he so chooses.

Weir Doe said on Thu, 22 Sep 2016 at 16:08...

Poppycock! The Ducdom is long since extinct. The Australian national you mention is Bruce von Bourbon de Vere III he claims to be descended from King Cnut the Great. He is not a sheep farmer, he runs a nail salon. He is not a Duc, nor is he anything else, except perhaps a lunatic.

More troubling is Feoffment. Brexit means that (technically speaking) people in the Channel Islands can seize arable land in Dorset by reciting the Carmina Burana. It is the same principle as droit de varech (also Norman law). You have been warned. Brexit will raise all these laws and peculiarities to the fore and create mayhem.

Blue Rinse said on Sat, 24 Sep 2016 at 16:19...

That's as maybe. I do hope that now we are free of the Brussels yoke we will return to proper things like Pebble Mill. Casual daytime chat in cashmere sweaters and with women who knew how to style their hair. TV these-days is a shocking melange of potty mouthed innuendo and badly dressed slobs (yes, Jamie Oliver that means you!)

The Shame of Clacton said on Fri, 7 Oct 2016 at 16:55...

I am sorry to say that many have taken Brexit too far! Some people (maybe in Clacton) are putting rude messages in bottles and putting them in the sea. Belgium media is reporting that elderly dog walkers are finding them on the beaches around Zeebrugge. One elderly gent required smelling salts and a Belgium nun had a fit of the vapours after finding the bottles.

Brexit Intellectual said on Thu, 18 Jan 2018 at 20:03...

One thing that annoys me about Brussels is how they make the Met Office call weather disasters after celebrities. They do it is the US too! Recently we had Winter Storm Grayson, presumably named after Larry! Shut that door! would be a good motto for UKIP. I will propose it at the next conference.

PS. I am the one with the handle bar mustache, wearing bright yellow plus fours, and waving a lot. I am a big fan of real ale and pickled onions.

Experts speaks said on Sun, 21 Jan 2018 at 13:41...

Brexit will also mean (de facto horribilis) the return of Instituta Cnuti aliorumque regum Anglorum - basically Cnut Law. In particular De donis conditionalibus, which forbids the sale of land or property to any other party but a male heir, or unmarried female heir. If you only have married female offspring that means your Estate will automatically be worth two ducats, and be the property of the "descendantes uf Cnut" Of course there are literally 10,000s of these "descendantes" and one of them is Noel Edmonds.

Weir Doe said on Thu, 8 Feb 2018 at 17:47...

If you are such an expert why have you not mentioned Lex Fannia!

old nuisance said on Sat, 24 Feb 2018 at 15:31...

It is a FACT that Cornish tin miners have the power of veto over ALL UK laws. It is something to do with the Cornish Stannary Parliament. The same applies to seaweed collectors and those involved in butter churning.

1531 Anglica Paganus by Corporosus Ineptus

ye whole Countrie uf Anglica...is divided unto IV partes; whereof ye one is inhabited uf Englishmen, ye other uf Scottes, ye third uf Wallshemen, [and] ye fowerthe of ye Cornishe Yobbos, which all differ emonge them selves. A great walle is builded betwixt ye Cornishe and ye Englishmen so to protecteth ye womenfolk and sheepe'

Flop House Frankie said on Mon, 5 Mar 2018 at 18:34...

Many of those miners would be women - the so called "Bal maiden" with their traditional gook (a shawl thing that protects from flying debris)

PS.What about Morris Dancing?

Major Hardon said on Fri, 23 Mar 2018 at 09:17...

European Summer Time! This is a devious construct of the Bruxellois puppet masters. What it means is:

1. Everyone looses an extra hour in bed on SUNDAY (note they always use Sunday)

2. This hour vanishes from the accounting sheets, trains, ships, and all form of transport, scheduled for this hour literally vanish.

3. The monies saved (remember this is the whole of Europe) is then used to support such things as regional cheese making, wine lakes, and garlic production in the Rhone valley.

Because we are at the westerly tip of this time zone, it also means UK farmers crops do not get as much sunshine, decreasing yields, and creating a dependence on subsidies. Farming in the other more easterly nations - France and Germany have deliberately concentrated their agriculture eastwards - literally swipes the sunlight from us.

Close the Channel Tunnel!

Amber said on Thu, 12 Apr 2018 at 10:11...

What has this to do with poppers! Nothing at all! What I would like to know is why in European countries you can buy poppers and in the UK you cannot. I means real poppers not that shite that they sell as a room cleaner!

Gin said on Wed, 16 May 2018 at 01:45...

What Amber said! Looking for isobutyl nitrite without the isobutyl alcohol added to water it down. Anyone know where this mythical creature can be found and delivered to San Francisco? Thx!

Popxit said on Tue, 22 May 2018 at 09:15...

Practically speaking, the question is: if you ordered butyl or even amyl from Europe after Brexit would it reach the UK without being confiscated?

Quentin said on Sat, 22 Sep 2018 at 13:39...

According to some the highways will be full of cattle and there will be much wailing and gnashing of teeth following Brexit. I understand many foreign ingredients will cease to exist, meaning that we can return to a decent traditional diet of suet based puddings and the like. In this regard I would propose making Mary Berry Minister for Food. Many traditions will hopefully be celebrated like Scold Bridles and the Ploughman's Lunchbox.

Popxit said on Mon, 12 Nov 2018 at 11:34...

Has anyone ordered butyl or amyl from Europe and had it reach the UK without being confiscated?

Want to post a follow-up?
  Go ahead:

Your name or nickname:

Your message:

Unless otherwise noted, all contents of this website are
Copyright © 2011-2017 Jack Tinoco. That said, you can use my
images and article excerpts subject to these conditions.