Poppers Poppers Guide Poppers Forum Poppers Reviews

Do all poppers make you cough afterwards?

Posted on Poppers Guide's Forum

Topic created by James
on Mon, 19 May 2014 at 20:20

James said on Mon, 19 May 2014 at 20:20...

I have found that some poppers make me cough all night after using them. Sometimes, the cough will carry on through the next night.

Is there a certain ingredient I need to avoid? Are there some that do not have that side effect? If so, any recommendations?

RobHog said on Mon, 19 May 2014 at 22:12...

Never had that myself mate. Tried using Isobutyl rather than isopropyl?

hershie said on Tue, 20 May 2014 at 20:47...

I feel the same way!
Just take less (sniff only 2 times or so)
with pentyl nitrite, I have not the problems (Nitro is really good)

Jako said on Wed, 28 May 2014 at 07:30...

Try sniffing 'Olbas Oil' immediately after a session, it clears the tubes and reduces mucous.

Mike (UK) said on Wed, 28 May 2014 at 20:52...

I always get this with isopropyl. And, eventually, scabby nostrils.

Isobutyl is a bit better. But you do still get the cough to a lesser extent.

You didn't get it with Amyl, but you can't get Amyl these days :o(

hershie said on Thu, 29 May 2014 at 16:14...

what is the difference between amyl nitrite and pentyl nitrite?
OK you can't buy amyl nitrite, but I think Pentyl Nitrit is really good!

Dunc said on Thu, 29 May 2014 at 18:12...

Hi James,

I belong to one of those who get coughing problems after.

I get it every time and it starts for about 4-5 hours after and I have the cough up to three days. Always gets more worse when I'm trying to sleep. I can't take deep breaths, it feels like there is some resistance to breath. I also cough up some really sticky jelly or something, it comes from the lounges.

But my latest buy from powerpoppers.com was good. I got very mild symptoms after. I bought the JungleJuice plus.
I can recommend that for you to try and see. It might have been some poppers my body couldn't handle.

Makes you think one more time about the safety right :-)?

/Dunc

Swim said on Sun, 1 Jun 2014 at 16:02...

I have the exact same problem... Never used to be like that. It's amazing at first, and then 2-3 hrs later I have congestion, can't breathe easily, and major coughing fits at night (this is from just 2 puffs). I'm on her because I'm looking for an over-the-counter remedy, however if you have an inhaler (the "reliever" NOT the "actuator";-) it works wonders on that end.

Popsukle said on Tue, 2 Sep 2014 at 13:14...

It's the isopropyl ones that cause coughing generally. These are the only ones you can buy legit in UK stores. Don't waste your money. Far better to get some 'proper' poppers off the net. Pentyl and isobutyl ones don't cause coughing for me.

Tuffy said on Thu, 12 Feb 2015 at 22:15...

yes I had also the same problem of breathing ... for September ... ( just after sniff Brown bottle !!!

I don't know excatly from witch poppers it come !

could you help me and give me any good references ?

thanks
I m in france

Bigd44x said on Tue, 15 Mar 2016 at 05:57...

I've experienced the same thing with a lingering cough after a prolonged popper session. This past weekend I had some really long popper induced edging sessions. A few monthsww ago when I had a bought with the flu I bought a thing called MyPureMist to help keep my lungs clear. I had the idea to use it this past weekend after each popper session. It worked pretty good. Almost no cough to speak of after a 3 day popper binge. Check it out

Want to post a follow-up?
  Go ahead:

Your name or nickname:

Your message:

Unless otherwise noted, all contents of this website are
Copyright © 2011-2017 Jack Tinoco. That said, you can use my
images and article excerpts subject to these conditions.