Poppers Poppers Guide Poppers Forum Poppers Reviews

Different nitrite scents

Posted on Poppers Guide's Forum

Topic created by Raekwon the Chef
on Sat, 19 Apr 2014 at 10:55

Raekwon the Chef said on Sat, 19 Apr 2014 at 10:55...

Hey guys. I was wondering if there was a way to use the smell of the popper to identify which nitrite it contains. Like I heard that pentyl as a fruity smell to it,is this true?

Fister said on Sat, 19 Apr 2014 at 12:25...

Pentyl smells of tropical fruit and isoB smells of old socks, yeah. a fresh popper smells a whole lot different to an old one whatever the nitrite :-)

Dutchdude said on Tue, 22 Apr 2014 at 16:32...

Interesting. So was the "good" ibn Jungle Juice mixed with pentyl in the past? Because that smelled kinda fruity and actually the same as their current pentyl formula.

Gus said on Thu, 24 Apr 2014 at 16:24...

jungle juice don't contain ibn though

Dutchdude said on Fri, 25 Apr 2014 at 08:48...

Not anymore no, but in the past it did. I'm just curious how Lockerroom manages to create the same smell for their old ibn and their new pentyl formulas.

Gus said on Fri, 25 Apr 2014 at 13:13...

jungle juice made in usa maybe, jungle from LR was not ibn. pentyl is another name for amyl both smell like sweet fruit. also inb don't smell like "old socks" more like a mens steam bath lol

Lou said on Wed, 21 Jan 2015 at 02:33...

It is obvious to anyone that jungle juice poppers should smell SWEET, i.e the iso-amyl family! The clue is in the name, JUNGLE. The only reason that it ever contained isoboutyl nitrite is: a. it is a very popular brand b. you cannot bottle up amyl in the USA.

a + b = isobutyl jungle juice. it should not contain that.

Want to post a follow-up?
  Go ahead:

Your name or nickname:

Your message:

Unless otherwise noted, all contents of this website are
Copyright © 2011-2017 Jack Tinoco. That said, you can use my
images and article excerpts subject to these conditions.