Poppers Poppers Guide Poppers Forum Poppers Reviews

how to keep pops fresh

Posted on Poppers Guide's Forum

Topic created by zipper
on Sat, 8 Mar 2014 at 18:43

zipper said on Sat, 8 Mar 2014 at 18:43...

whats the deal with keeping poppers fresh. i have used freezing before good idea?

MasterYves said on Sun, 9 Mar 2014 at 19:53...

Make the lid so it is made tigt and store only in the cool place. For freezing i never heard it!

slacker said on Mon, 10 Mar 2014 at 06:16...

I've found freezing does pro-long them but not by much more then normal storage which is to basically just make sure that cap is as tight as possible and store in a cool dark place.

PJ said on Mon, 10 Mar 2014 at 06:55...

I thought that freezing might have an adverse effect. So it is still fresh and pungent post-freeze? if so that is rather useful.

The Rush Hour said on Mon, 10 Mar 2014 at 18:14...

The thing with freezing is you have to make sure to take out before you use and let it reach room tempature before using. Really dark and cool is the best. Meaning drawer next bed ok .... window sill not ok.

fasty said on Tue, 11 Mar 2014 at 00:02...

Water picked up from the atmosphere is one of the main reasons why poppers degrade faster after opening.
Freezing them immobilizes the water by turning it into ice crystals which don't combine so easily with the nitrites. It's good for long term storage. The nitrite liquid itself won't actually freeze in a regular freezer.
"The Rush Hour" is right though - you must let the bottle rest at room temperature before every opening otherwise condensation will get in and spoil the advantage gained by freezing.

Jako said on Tue, 11 Mar 2014 at 20:37...

Dr Freeze

A few good tips:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YkTHtWX7CCY

socks said on Wed, 12 Mar 2014 at 12:05...

@fasty is it right that pellet balls are meant to do this too? i read that if the ball is broken the poppers are not fresh.

fasty said on Wed, 12 Mar 2014 at 21:40...

socks - Originally, PWD introduced the pellet to absorb water and other impurities. It was definitely effective at prolonging the life of the product.
The pellets started to break up when the bottle had been open for some time, presumably as they started to absorb water.
So it's reasonable to assume that a broken pellet could indicate that the bottle may have been open for a while so perhaps not fresh.
On the other hand, many other manufacturers simply added utterly useless plastic pellets to their bottles to mimic PWD. Duh...

Danny said on Fri, 14 Mar 2014 at 09:02...

Many other manufacturers simply added utterly useless plastic pellets to their bottles to mimic PWD. Its true, but poppers does not include water.

hey said on Sun, 23 Mar 2014 at 00:39...

Electrical tape pulled tightly around the bottle where cap is creates a new seal prolonging effect and reducing exposure to air and escaping fumes

ObiWonStony said on Mon, 26 Apr 2021 at 23:22...

Store upside down. Make an air tight seal.

Anonymous said on Thu, 30 Jun 2022 at 13:09...

Freezer and pipette for filling smaller containers

Want to post a follow-up?
  Go ahead:

Your name or nickname:

Your message:

Unless otherwise noted, all contents of this website are
Copyright © 2011-2017 Jack Tinoco. That said, you can use my
images and article excerpts subject to these conditions.