Poppers Poppers Guide Poppers Forum Poppers Reviews

what is alkyl nitrite

Posted on Poppers Guide's Forum

Topic created by micromini
on Mon, 3 Mar 2014 at 20:16

micromini said on Mon, 3 Mar 2014 at 20:16...

is this a good one?

Anonymous said on Mon, 3 Mar 2014 at 20:26...

It covers a whole range of nitrites.

The absolute best is isobutyl nitrite (now banned because it's soooooo good)
and the absolute worst Isopropyl nitrite which is the new trash formula that all the con-merchants are selling all over the internet.

chase the world said on Sat, 8 Mar 2014 at 07:17...

I purchased jj black label extereme formula which tells you it contains "isobutyl nitrite"....found this to be weak,total garbage and a waste of money....poppers are hit n miss....sometimes you can get a strong bottle that packs a good hit and sometimes you get a weak bottle that does nothing....brand has nothing to do with it....

Eastie69 said on Sat, 8 Mar 2014 at 12:50...

The legit JJ black should read pentyl nitrite, on the cap seal and on the box if you got the 30ml. There are alot of fakes out there, check junglejuiceplus.com :-)

stukkend said on Fri, 15 Jan 2016 at 11:35...

Alkyl Nitrite is not a formula, it is a family name for nitrites that we call poppers. As far as I know isobutyl nitrite is banned (maybe based upon evidence that it is carcinogenic) It is sold in the United States on the basis there is an exemption in the legislation for certain products. That is the reason poppers are for sale as things like leather cleaner, circuit board cleaner, and now clock cleaner!

The relative merits of the various formulas are the subject of heated and often very silly argument. All you can say is that the original medicinal form of poppers was amyl nitrite (pentyl nitrite). Isopropyl nitrite and cyclohexyl nitrite are both mutations as far as I understand it. Isobutyl nitrite also started as such, but has now entered the mainstream. It is the primary ingredient in Rush. Confusingly poppers are often called amyl nitrate, but this is just a mistake, nitrates are not poppers, nitrites are.

Any product that is sold as a cleaner and lowers your blood pressure upon inhalation should be viewed with caution. Although of course amyl nitrite is still used as a medicine - one example being snake bites.

Want to post a follow-up?
  Go ahead:

Your name or nickname:

Your message:

Unless otherwise noted, all contents of this website are
Copyright © 2011-2017 Jack Tinoco. That said, you can use my
images and article excerpts subject to these conditions.