Poppers Poppers Guide Poppers Forum Poppers Reviews

Bad mouthing

Posted on Poppers Guide's Forum

Topic created by Solomon
on Sun, 2 Mar 2014 at 12:47

Solomon said on Sun, 2 Mar 2014 at 12:47...

There seems to be a constant need on the part of some ill-informed, and often malicious, persons to post messages that are basically garbage:

The most recent examples of this include "Sells all FAKE STUFF." "made with alcohol to make them legal" "Fake shit" and a whole range of other offensive bilge.

Almost every retailer it seems sells fakes and is interested (for some unknown reason) in not providing the "real deal". The "real deal" being that mythical poppers experience that suddenly vanished sometime in a/ the 1980s or b/ 2010. This is pure nonsense. Very little has actually changed apart from a explosion in conspiracy theories and a false sense of loss. Satirical remarks about "secret formulas" are all very well....if you understand the satire! Don't stop that either - the latest gag about the Harding Street latrine is a classic.

Light hearted banter aside, these other poisonous excretions need to be treated with antiseptic, and if Marshall is not interested in doing it I suggest someone else should take on the task. Cleaning jobs may not be Marshalls' forte :-)

If you don't like isopropyl, isopentyl, isobutyl, cyclohexyl, that's fine. That does not mean that there is anything intrinsically "fake" about them. Some people like such and such and some people don't. The same goes for "poppers professors" who seem able to instantly recognize that something is amiss based upon a label - THR made a point about this recently.

Well?

Fake said on Sun, 2 Mar 2014 at 21:16...

How exactly do you dispute someone's assertion of fraudulent products when there is no way to verify their quality, It's absolutely legitimate, if not necessary, to call out a fake, phony, and fraud when you see it. It some cases, if the desired effect is there, then it doesn't matter much. But if you've spent $$$ and crap then one has a right to say so.

Anonymous said on Sun, 2 Mar 2014 at 21:19...

Joe Miller took the secret formula to his grave.

Solomon said on Sun, 2 Mar 2014 at 21:34...

This is what Rush Hour said:

"Fake real fake real fake. Lot of these products have different labels and ingredients due to different regulation of different countries"

I suppose he knows what he is talking about. Perhaps you think otherwise, Fake?

"desired effect" - quite a subjective thing, eh?

"if you've spent $$$" I agree there. We discussed the price hikes elsewhere.

101st Chairborne said on Mon, 3 Mar 2014 at 08:59...

How exactly do you dispute someone's assertion of fraudulent products when there is no way to verify their quality, It's absolutely legitimate, if not necessary, to call out a fake, phony, and fraud when you see it.

assertion is accusation? you can't verify their quality: no you cannot. You can make a guess if their opinion is valued or not. Price rises, scare stories: there has been no change in any regulations for at least 5 years BUT...

PJ said on Mon, 3 Mar 2014 at 11:38...

J'accuse! McCarthyism is alive and well it seems :-) All this is terribly important it isn't <roll eyes>

Hi5 said on Mon, 3 Mar 2014 at 17:03...

guys are used to one type of popper, they get something else and so feel pissed off. my opinion is that poppers are different now since pwd went

The Rush Hour said on Mon, 10 Mar 2014 at 19:02...

It's fun to watch some here. Let me explain this so you label queens can understand some things. Most of the brands if you look them up on the US Trademark Lookup you wont find them which means well if you don't know figure it out. So what are you basing the "real" on? This isn't Coca Cola here. PWD was about the only company who had any "real" in the USA, Miller era and SVT era. PWD was trademarked in the USA. Most of the brands are or were as well. Isobutyl is isobutyl no matter how you bottle it though.

Also on labels lets say Company A wants Iron Horse to be labeled leather cleaner and Company B wants it labeled Circuit Board Cleaner. Akyl Nitrite products are used in multiple cleaning products just depends how people want it labeled and marketed. Does it mean one is fake? Not likely as they can come from the exact same plant and manufacturer. There are I am not sure how many different manufacturers. I only know of 2 of in the USA but that doesn't mean there aren't more. I would only stick with Made in the USA but that might just be me.

Simple solutions stick with Made in the USA. Stick with ISB. Try a few sites and once you find something stick with it long as it continues to provide what your seeking. What might be fake to one, might be spot on for someone else. Now if the product is not delivering the effect that's one thing but does it matter if JJ Black Label Extreme Formula is labeled as degreaser if works and does what you want? Which would be fake as I never seen it marketed and labeled as a degreaser.

Remember its not whats on the label that matters but whats in the bottle!

Rushfake said on Sat, 15 Mar 2014 at 18:27...

It's not what's on the label that matters but what's in the bottle - that's exactly right! Only the problem is what's in, or what's not in as the case may be, the damn bottles. Isobutyl is isobutyl, ok, if there is any way to guarantee that that is exactly what you are getting. Fake labels and wrappers don't make the product - fine - but what's inside lately has been crap - and that's what I consider fake. Don't piss in my bottle and tell me it's poppers.

The Rush Hour said on Sat, 15 Mar 2014 at 23:05...

As I say stick with made in the USA least you have a better chance than ordering some tiny deal crap. Try a few sites and get what you want. Apparently now Jenray and Aroma boy are getting bottles from Canada that "might" be ok but I dont know I think I will still stick with bottles labeled made in USA but that might just be me.

Want to post a follow-up?
  Go ahead:

Your name or nickname:

Your message:

Unless otherwise noted, all contents of this website are
Copyright © 2011-2017 Jack Tinoco. That said, you can use my
images and article excerpts subject to these conditions.